Campus Cutie: Rachel Weltman ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Nicknames: Rach, Ray-Bear, Ratchel

Hometown: Rye Brook, NY

Major: Sociology and early childhood education

What are you involved with on campus?

Kappa Alpha Theta, Green Wave Ambassadors, College Buddies, TUCP, TJL, Newcomb Big Sister

What is a fun fact that few people know about you?

If I could transform into a food (which is the dream) I would be a hamburger because they’re full of love, juice, and happiness, like me!

What’s your favorite late-night snack?

Ramen and popcorn. Not together, but simultaneously.

French fries or potato chips?

French fries as long as they’re crispy on the outside and a little soft on the inside. REALLLLYYY hot. Sweet potato fries too. ILY CAMELIA

Rainbow or chocolate sprinkles?

Rainbow, always.

If you could go on a date in New Orleans with any celeb, what would you do and who would you go with?

Definitely McDreamy. (Patrick Dempsey for non- Grey’s Anatomy lovers). We would go to The Fly, have a nice glass of wine (Pinot Grigio, obvi) and a Polish kielbasa from Dat Dog. And we would talk and I would look at him. 

Describe a perfect day as a Tulane student.

Wake up at 9, and go to Reily to get my workout out of the way. Next, I would go to brunch at Satsuma with my suitemates ;) and eat a green breakfast sandwich on whole wheat toast, no cheese. Then I would do a little shopping on Maple St., especially at Gae-Tana’s. The afternoon would be finished by snuggles while watching She’s the Man, followed by dinner at Ba Chi Canteen. Pork-fecta vermicelli all the way.

What would you say is your spirit animal?

Mort, the mouse lemur from Madagascar.

What was your reaction when asked to be Campus Cutie?

YAAAAAS BOO

Her Campus Tulane