Campus Cutie: Luke Augustyn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Name: Luke Augustyn

Year: Senior

Hometown: Glendora, CA

Major: Sociology

What do you like to do with your friends?

We like to do hood rat stuff.

What did you do over the summer?

Mainly I spent time with my baby sister and three brothers because it was my last summer living at home, and I also worked full-time as an SAT Math and Chemistry teacher.

If you could go on a date with any celebrity, who would it be and why?

This is a toughy. It’s a toss-up between Tina Fey and Rashida Jones. In the end, Tina has the edge. She’s smart, well-spoken, accomplished, and doesn’t deal with others’ BS. Not to mention she still looks stunning after two kids.

What’s your dream job?

My dream job is to become a professional chef. As a chef I would love to be able to have the creative liberty to create new innovative dishes in my kitchen that not only change peoples’ perspective of food but also make them really happy.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you?

I would go to Provence, France, to learn the basics of French cooking in the place where so many of them originated. To be honest, I don’t know who I would take. If I had a special someone, I would take them with me, but at this point I’d be flying solo.

Do you have any secret talents?

This is hardly a secret, but I love to cook, and I’m pretty darn good at it. Additionally, I’ve been taking dance class for the last year, so I’m much improved on the dance floor in comparison to me a year ago. Oh, and I can braid hair nicely. I’m learning to do a French braid right now.

Any embarrassing things you’d like to share with the Tulane community?

I ripped my pants at work last year while trying to do a split.

What gets girls brownie points in your book?

I like girls that have a good sense of who they are and what they want. Also a girl that is willing to dance up a storm with me is also A-OK in my book.

Describe yourself in three words.

Passionate, Whimsical, Caring

Her Campus Tulane