Campus Cutie: Ian Berude

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Name: Ian Berude  

Age: 20  

Year: Sophomore  

Major: Evolutionary Biology & History with a minor in Italian  

Hometown: Monroe, Washington 

Now that you know the basics, let’s get to Ian a little better & check out for my commentary in the Italics!

Relationship Status: Single (And ready to mingleeeee)

Hobbies: Hiking, Skiing, Basketball, Traveling 

Favorite Movies: There are too many great movies, however recently, I really enjoyed Hunger Games: Catching Fire. But I also love most all Rom-Coms and Thrillers (Any guy who is down to watch a Rom-Com is a keeper)

Favorite Quote: “It’s too easy to give up on the things that are hard to accomplish” -Chris Johnson 

Favorite Holiday: Christmas: Nothing beats being cozy and delicious holiday treats.  

Favorite Foods: Italian or anything off the grill! 

Are you involved with any clubs or organizations? Club Lacrosse, TUCAN, Green Club (well…I get their emails and am invited to their events). 

How would you describe yourself using three words? Caring, cheerful, and social. 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Most likely in some form of graduate school whether medical school or law school, preferably back in Seattle. 

If you had one superpower what would it be? To be able to fly. 

Favorite song to dance to at a party: Oh goodness…There are too many good ones, but definitely “Hips Don’t Lie” by Shakira. (He’s not kidding: Ian dancing to Hips Don’t Lie) 

If you could trade places with someone who would it be: Definitely Ryan Reynolds…he’s had hot wives…been in good movies.   

Where in the world would you like to visit? There are a lot of places I’d really like to go to, but New York City is definitely at the top of my list. 

What are some must-have’s you look for in a girl? Someone who is kind-hearted, good at communicating their feelings, and someone who is down-to-earth, but also loves to have fun. 

What are your turn-offs? Someone who is manipulative or dishonest, or someone who can’t hold a conversation. 

How would you feel if a girl were to ask you out? I’d be honored that a girl would take that much interest in me and I would admire their initiative. 

What’s your idea of a perfect date? Well with the right person, anything can be perfect. (ARE YOU SOLD YET???)

If you could date a celebrity who would it be? Jennifer Lawrence, or maybe Ariana Grande. At the moment I’m down for either. 

Favorite sports teams: Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders, and the Saints 

Have you ever been told you have a celebrity look-a-like? I’ve heard Andy Samberg, but I don’t necessarily agree with that. 

Most embarrassing moment on Campus: Going for a swim in the fountain by Stern. Seemed like a good idea at the time…

Hidden talent: I can play the trumpet and piano. (He’s basically Billy Joel)

What advice would you give to girls about guys in general? Cut us some slack when possible. We can be pretty immature, so don’t take everything personally. A lot of times, we can’t be perfect.  

When would you say guys look for relationships? It all depends on the guy. Some wouldn’t touch a relationship, whereas others, like me, prefer them. I guess it just depends where you are at in your life.  

What was your reaction when asked to be Campus Cutie? Quite surprised. I never thought I’d get it, but it was humbling that someone thinks I qualify for it. 

Her Campus Tulane