Campus Celebrity: Patrick Wroe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.
Name: Patrick Thomas Wroe

Age: 20 (almost 21 #turnup)

Hometown: Austin, TX

Major: Marketing & Finance

What are you involved in at Tulane? Green Wave Ambassadors, New Student Orientation, Outreach Tulane, Alpha Kappa Psi Business Fraternity, APO Service Fraternity

Why did you decide to come to Tulane? ​ I toured Tulane when I was on two-week Rustic Pathways service trip to New Orleans (with Abby Soule!), and I just got really good vibes from the campus. I had already loved being in the city for those two weeks, and asked myself, “why not four more years?” Now I’m a year and half from graduating, and I’m still asking myself, “why not four more years?”

What has been your favorite Tulane memory so far? I loved the first home football game this year! I didn’t really know what was going on most of the time because I don’t understand sports, but I had a rockin’ good time nonetheless! I still don’t get the concept of tailgating, however the energy during it and during the first half of the game was really neat. Although most students left after the first half (I’m still bitter about it), it was really great seeing the students transfer all their school spirit to our football team.  

If you had a life theme song what would it be?​ Yoncé/Partition by Beyoncé hands down. Like wouldn’t walking down McAlister or grocery shopping to this be so much more exciting.

What was your first email address? ptwroe@sasaustin.org. I wasn’t that creative as a kid.

Favorite taco at Rum House? Pork Molé!

Favorite Mardi Gras Parade? Muses, duh

Boot Pizza or Crepes? 1) Get crepe 2) Eat crepe while in line for Boot Pizza 3) Eat Boot Pizza 4) Go to bed. So both!

Her Campus Tulane