Campus Celebrity: Adam Rouan ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Name: Adam Rouan

Hometown: Collegeville, Pennsylvania

Class: 2015

Major: Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (Pre-Veterinary)

You recently went abroad.  Where did you go and how was your experience?

Going abroad was one of the best choices I have made in my time at Tulane. I studied in the South Island of New Zealand in the city of Dunedin. Dunedin is in a great location so that it was very close to surrounding towns and cities. I spent most weekends taking road trips to different incredible landscapes where I could hike and camp with my friends. For me, I have never been able to really take advantage of the outdoors as much as in my time in New Zealand, so the experiences I had were some of the most unforgettable of my life.  But I think the best thing I got out of my time abroad was the friendships I have made with people throughout the world who I still stay in touch with now.

What activities are you involved in on campus?

I am a member of Tulane EMS, a volunteer at the Audubon Zoo, an Undergraduate Fellow for the Tulane Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, a member of Green Wave Ambassadors, I was involved with the Tulane International Society during my freshman year, and I was a Resident Advisor in Monroe Hall during my sophomore year.

What are your plans for this semester? For the summer?

I am very passionate about my involvement with Tulane EMS and am looking forward to starting up again this semester. My fellow members in TEMS are my second family and I love being surrounded by such inspiring and genuine people every single week. I also want to explore New Orleans more than I have previously in my time at Tulane. If there is one thing study abroad has taught me, it’s to take advantage of your surroundings and see everything you can see. Beyond that, I am hoping to stay on top of my schoolwork here at Tulane. This summer, I am hoping to find an internship in an animal hospital to gain experience for veterinary school while also taking some summer classes back home. 

Asia Bradlee is a senior studying Public Health and English at Tulane University. She grew up in Boston, MA and has a passion for health and wellness writing. Asia has experience at Boston Magazine as the digital health intern and maintains her own wellness blog, Healthy, Hungry, Happy. 
Her Campus Tulane