This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Name: Florence Prater

Year: Junior

Hometown: Birmingham, AL *roll tide*

Major: History

Campus Involvements (perhaps something involving an exotic bird?): Just finished my presidency in TUCAN (no, it has nothing to do with exotic birds). Also, just finished my term on the executive board of CACTUS (again, not a plant) eeek if you see me wandering around lost next semester, don’t worry I’m just pondering what to do with all this new free time. jk I’ll be switching between relaxin cause I’m a senior and stressing….cause I’m a senior active member of Chi Omega, Co-Founder of the Party Porch with @SarahHostetler

Favorite Study Spot: On campus– The learning commons of Howard Tilton, Off campus– The Bean Gallery

Best Tulane Memory: I’m cheating and picking my top 3: 1) NOLA Expereience 2k12; it was the week that I was introduced to the Boys & Girls Club (where TUCAN tutors), introduced to CACTUS (where I have served on the board for two years), met two of my current housemates and best friends, and realized Tulane was exactly where I was supposed to be. 2) Valentine’s Day 2k15; spent the day surrounded by people I love and blocking out the haters with my heart glasses on (it was perfect). 3) Crawfest 2k15; I consumed about 5 baskets of crawfish (that corn though), danced in the mud for a bit, and actually got to see the 610 Stompers

Favorite Nola Restaurant: Chick Fil A…..oh right, that’s not specific to New Orleans…so uh…Riccobono’s– because it’s the only breakfast place I know that will give me pancakes and eggs and bacon and a biscuit all on one plate

Any exciting summer plans? Teaching English in Cieneguita, Panama for six weeks and then spending my July in New Orleans taking classes– basically spending my summer sweaty and sunburnt

Dream job: Deciding which shows/movies are put on Netflix (Shameless amiright?) 

Guilty pleasure: Excessive use of the word “dream” and/or any phrase with the word “dream” in it (i.e. “living the dream,” “dreamin’,” “dream on,” “the dream”)

Morning bird or night owl? hoot hoot

Favorite (non-Mardi Gras) New Orleans event: Any concert at the House of Blues

Role Model: Harlan and Alice Prater– the greatest people you will ever meet. A true dynamic duo. The world would be a better place if they ran it.

Happy song: Shut up and DANCE

Her Campus Tulane