This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Mardi Gras is right around the corner – and you know what that means! Time to pull out all of your craziest outfits, endless glitter, every pair of funky earrings you own & a whole lot of neon and sparkles. While this is tons of fun, it can be a little overwhelming when searching for outfits, so I decided to create this trend-guide of the cutest looks to rock this Mardi Gras. Let the pardi begin! :)

1. Unitards/One Pieces

Whether it’s a full-length “catsuit” or a biker-short option like this fun piece from Motel Rocks (on sale for $17 and comes in 4 colors!), unitards are all the rage this year for Mardi Gras. Look for fun patterns, bright colors, and all sorts of fun cutouts like this one!! Added bonus: it’s just one piece, so all you have to do is throw it on with some fun accessories and you’re good to go!!

2. Two-Piece Matching Sets

Two-piece sets are another effortless way to look awesome, because they look like you tried to put together an outfit a lot more than you actually did!! There are all kinds of two-piece sets to try, like pant sets with crop tops or, my personal favorite, skirt sets like this one from IHeartRaves. Opt for this sporty windbreaker fabric (super on trend) or look for a fun print or pattern! The options are endless with sets.

3. Accent Flare Pants

An easy way to put together your Mardi outfits is to find an accent piece that you love, and work around it! I personally love looking for a colorful and eye-catching pant like these snakeskin flares from Amazon. They completely make an outfit, and can be easily paired with a black strappy top or bodysuit. This flare style is super on trend, so there are hundreds of fun styles on the market right now in just about any animal print you could dream of!

4. Windbreaker Joggers

Another uber-popular trend right now are joggers in fun metallics or colorblock styles, many of them in this windbreaker type of material! They also work as an amazing accent piece, and can be found in tons of different colors & styles because they are a huge trend right now. Easily paired with any tight-fitting top to play off the bagginess of the pants, joggers are a no-brainer!! Try this adorable pair, also from Amazon. 

5. O-Ring/Strappy Crop Tops

These kinds of tops add a fun and festival-style element to any outfit, and can also stand as a statement piece of their own. In fun metallic colors like these, these tops radiate serious alien-chic vibes (space cowboys, anyone?) and are a Mardi must for this year!!

I'm Izzy from Washington, D.C., studying Communications in the class of '23!
Her Campus Tulane