Big Questions Answered! What is TASC and How Can It Help YOU!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Hello readers!

With midterms in full swing, what better time to introduce you to once of Tulane’s best resources for students –TASC! You might be new to campus and never heard of such a thing, or maybe you are familiar with TASC under a different name (Tutoring Center, Writing Center etc.). Regardless, I am here to clear up any confusion!

Question: What is TASC?

TASC or the Tulane Academic Success Center is what has been known previously as the Tutoring Center and the Writing Center. As of this year, we have finally joined under one umbrella and now go by TASC!

Question: Why should I go to TASC?

TASC not only offers one on one tutoring for a wide variety of subjects, but we also offer writing help. Stumped on a paper? Come to us! Don’t understand concepts for your chemistry test? Meet up with one of our great tutors and work through problems together!

Meet the 2013 Staff!

Question: Where is TASC located?

We are on A-quad right after Stern in building #14. When you are walking from Ferret St. you will see us off to the left!

Question: How do I make an appointment?

Easy! Simply visit success.tulane.edu to make an appointment with a tutor or a writing center appointment or call: 504. 865. 5103!

Question: How much does tutoring cost?

This is the best part about TASC, it’s FREE! Come bring in your paper, get a group of your classmates together and study for a test together, we can’t wait to meet you!

A few extra need-to-know notes:

1.     If you are coming in for a Writing Center appointment, make sure you bring a hard copy of your paper!

2.     All of our peer educators on staff are Tulane students –great for meeting new people!

3.     There are no “stupid questions”! Make an appointment, or feel free to walk in if you are really having trouble –we want to help you!

And a joke for all of our Harry Potter fans:

Keep us in mind with all of those midterms coming up! Looking forward to meeting you and GOOD LUCK with midterms!

Erin is an (almost) graduate of Tulane University, graduating with an BA in English. She has enjoyed being a member of Her Campus Tulane and leading the chapter this year alongside Brittany Kottler. After graduation, she hopes to move out to the Bay Area to fulfill her dreams of joining the tech industry.