Best NOLA Bakeries for Shipping King Cakes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

If you want to share the Mardi Gras spirit with your parents, family, or friends at other schools (or maybe a Tulane grad who is missing NOLA- hi Meredith!) sending a king cake definitely gets the job done. Maybe you already have a favorite bakery that will reliably ship king cakes across the country! But if not, don’t fret. Here are some tried and true New Orleans favorites that ship everywhere in the US.

Haydel’s Bakery

From petit fours to pastries, everything from Haydel’s is absolutely delicious. For carnival season, Haydel’s offers a king care care package that includes not only the cake, but lots of other goodies as well like French Market Coffee, beads, and a Mardi Gras cup.

Girls Gone Vegan

If you want to share some Mardi Gras cheer with someone with food allergies or dietary restrictions, Girls Gone Vegan is the way to go! All of their cakes are vegan and gluten free. There are also options for people with but allergies. With flavors like Caramel Apple and Bananas Foster, you can’t go wrong.

Sucre

For a non-traditional person, send non-traditional king cake. Sucre’s cakes look more like a piece of art than cake. They also have Mardi Gras macaroons if cake isn’t your style.

Manny Randazzo King Cakes

While most bakeries only make and ship king cakes during carnival season, Randazzo’s is a year round affair. People literally line up for these cakes, so you know they’re good.

Breads on Oak

Sticking with their all natural theme, Breads on Oak puts an almond inside the cake in lieu of the traditional plastic baby. Breads on Oak offers vegan options and flavors like apple streusel and almond cream. They only ship on Wednesdays, so plan for that when ordering. 

Her Campus Tulane