This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

As Thanksgiving has come and gone, the holidays are quickly approaching. When the Christmas lights go up and the Sacks fifth avenue windows are revealed, you know it is truly “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”.  Because I am from New York, I have experienced some of the most classic Christmas activities. From ice skating in Bryant Park to visiting the tree at Rockefeller Center, the Christmas time spirit in NYC is like no other. 

Something that I look forward to every year is hitting the shuffle list on my Christmas playlist. From the classic songs like “Jingle Bell Rock”, to the pop artists who have Christmas singles like Ariana Grande’s cover of “Santa Tell Me”, Christmas music will always put me in a good mood. Here are some of my favorite albums to get you excited for the season. 

I’ll state the most obvious one first because everyone knows it’s a banger and it cannot go without being discussed. Justin Bieber’s, “Under The Mistletoe” has some of my favorite Christmas songs. In addition to the infamous “Mistletoe”, Bieber has other songs such as his cover of “Drummer Boy” with Busta Rhymes. This album has a pop take on some classic songs, as well as originals. 

Next, we have a new album, “Christmas in the City”, by Lea Michele. I personally relate to this album because I am a Jewish girl who is obsessed with all things Christmas. This album discusses everything that I love about Christmas and how New York City becomes a Christmas Wonderland. This album came out only two months ago, but the happy and fun songs on the album will become a part of my playlist for years to come. 

Since we’re talking about Lea Michele, I must discuss all of the Glee covers of Christmas music. They cover many of the classics such as “Last Christmas” which is my personal favorite. The Glee Christmas episodes were good enough itself, but the music choices they made were even more of a reason to watch Glee. 

There are tons of other albums and songs that I love to listen to during Christmas time, including Mariah Carey’s, “All I Want For Christmas Is You” (duh),  “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” by Michael Bublé and Christina Aguilera’s cover of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”.  

Carlie Littman Roslyn, NY Junior
Her Campus Tulane