BEST BRUNCH IN NEW ORLEANS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

When it comes to eating out, brunch is hands down my favorite meal– especially when living in the Big Easy. From Audubon to the French Quarter, there are tons of noteworthy restaurants with great atmospheres and unique menus; many of which I’ve still yet to try. I undoubtedly plan on continuing my search for more impressive brunch places, but in the meantime, I’ve curated a list of the best spots I’ve eaten at thus far. If you attend Tulane, live in New Orleans, or find yourself visiting for whatever reason, here are 7 worthwhile restaurants for brunch lovers.

Table Setting
Alex Frank / Spoon
  1. The Country Club

The Country Club is known for its outstanding Creole-style brunch and legendary drag performances that book up months in advance. The restaurant is located in the Bywater neighborhood and the elegant dining areas make for amazing shows and meals. This place is a must for birthdays or for those planning weekend visits to NOLA. 

1. Cafe Beignet 

I simply cannot express how unique the ambiance of Cafe Beignet is. My personal favorite location is the one on Bourbon Street, which has a live jazz band daily. Yet still, the restaurant has four different locations, all of which have extensive menus including, of course, beignets. Cafe Beignet is truly one of the best spots to take your friends or parents to give them a taste of the French Quarter!

1. Elizabeth’s 

If you aren’t afraid to take risks and try new things, Elizabeth’s is the restaurant for you. Also located in the Bywater neighborhood, this classic Louisiana-style spot has something for everyone. Saturday and Sunday brunch are first come first serve, so this place is definitely catered towards the early birds.

(P.S: The smoked salmon and brie grilled cheese is absolutely unreal) 

1. Willa Jean

Willa Jean has something for everyone, and I mean everyone. From avocado toast to their signature “hangover bowl” with braised brisket and cheesy grits, this is within my top three breakfast places of all time. They even have an online ordering option including a takeout coffee bar!

1. Atchafalaya 

This restaurant, known for its jazz brunch, is hidden away in the cutest neighborhood of the Garden District. Located a few blocks from Magazine Street, Atchafalaya is a great place to go when touring New Orleans away from the hectic French Quarter. While its brunch has earned the restaurant its spot on this list, the dinner menu is equally promising.

1. Birdy’s Behind The Bower

Birdy’s Behind The Bower is almost as aesthetically pleasing as it is delicious— with emphasis on the word almost. Can’t decide between sweet or savory? Birdy’s offers a seriously impressive spread ranging from smoked salmon toast to their famous cookie cereal. It’s to die for!

1. The Court of Two Sisters 

Last but not least, The Court of Two Sisters has the most beautiful setup, probably why it’s so often utilized for weddings and other picture-worthy events. The jazz brunch and food itself are spectacular, but I really recommend this place for the location. It’s also right in the heart of the French Quarter and perfect for visitors! 

At the end of the day, brunch in New Orleans will always be satisfactory— no matter where you go. Here’s to more good eats.

Hi everyone! My name's Bri and I'm from Philadelphia. I'm a Tulane student in the class of 2025 and I'm majoring in Communications with a double minor in Psychology and Strategy, Leadership, and Analytics. I love to write and I'm excited for another year with the Her Campus team!