Adam Griego, 2013 Tulane Homecoming King

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Meet Adam Griego (if you haven’t already), this year’s homecoming king!

So many people know who you are because you have been involved in so many organizations over the years. Which ones are you apart of?

·      Green Wave Ambassadors (Former President 2012)

·      Zeta Psi (Former: Philanthropy and Social Chairs, Current Sergeant at Arms)

·      IFC (Former Zeta Psi Rep, Secretary, Current President)

·      Orientation Team Leader for two years

·      USG senator at large for freshman and sophomore year

What was it like being crowned homecoming king?

To be crowned was an incredible honor which still has not really hit me as of yet. I am proud to share the title with so many people who I looked up to throughout my time at Tulane. For my peers to be the ones who decided to bestow this title upon me was truly the best part of the entire experience. Homecoming week has always been my favorite time at Tulane, and this being my last as a student acted as the icing on top of the cake for me.

What has it been like going to college in the city you grew up in?

When I was originally deciding on what college to attend, I wanted to go as far away from home, as possible, but I am extremely happy that I decided to go fifteen minutes from home. By going to Tulane, I have made more connections and friends from more geographic locations at this University than I ever would have by going to one of the out of state schools that I would have attended. During freshmen year, I got the chance to share in everyone’s first experience with my hometown and fall in love with my city all over again which is by far the most beneficial effect that this decision has had on me. 

What’s your favorite part about New Orleans and Tulane?

I am absolutely enamored by the mixture of the two cultures and the optimism that most students have about adopting the city’s way of life. Whether it is the hole in the wall eateries, second lines, or Mardi Gras festivities, watching the whole experience unravel for some students is astonishing and one would think would only be seen in a fictional story.

What do you like to do outside of your very busy schedule at Tulane?

I’m a huge sports fan, especially of my Saints. I love being in the dome during home games on Sunday or on my couch with my roommates or parents and enjoying Sunday Football Funday. Also, I am a HIMYM and Breaking Bad obsessed individual. Since both have (or are about to) ended, I am always looking for the next big thing on Netflix.

A senior majoring in Film Studies at Tulane University who is obsessed with film, television and pop culture.
Her Campus Tulane