This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Celebrity interviews have been a staple fixture of popular culture and celebrity stardom for decades, from late-night shows, daytime television, and red-carpet interviews. Recently, we have seen an increase in creative approaches to classic celebrity interviews. A key fixture in these new interview formats is interesting, hard-hitting questions that go beyond mundane ones often thrown at celebrities. Here is a list of my favorite celebrity interview-based shows, and you should definitely give them a watch.

Hot Ones

First We Feast’s “Hot Ones” interviews feature a combination of increasingly spicy hot wings and interview questions that are unique to the celebrity guest. You get to watch your favorite celebrity cry and sweat over the wings’ heat while also learning more about what makes them people. Watching the guests begin extremely confident in their ability to handle the spice while they end up freaking out towards the end of the interview is entertaining. The show’s host, Sean Evans, and his team take a deep dive into the lives of each guest, which leads to a collection of interview questions that even shocks the guest themselves. The show’s format produces a raw and entertaining interview that seems enjoyable for the celebrity guests and the audience.

Must Watch Episodes: Viola Davis, Keke Palmer, Idris Elba, Shaq, Sebastian Stan, Gordon Ramsay, Aubrey Plaza, and so many more.

Ziwe

Through Showtime and HBO Max, the late-night show Ziwe consists of a fun mix of celebrity interviews, comedy sketches, and musical performances. The show’s host and creator, Ziwe Fumudoh, has a comedic personality that shines through her interviews. Ziwe’s format aims to bait her guests into saying the wrong or politically incorrect thing. It leads to the guests squirming in a playful way to stay on track without falling into Ziwe’s trap. The show’s episodes have names like “Diversity Training” and “Allyship,” so each episode has a central theme derived from the sketches and interviews. Check out Ziwe’s hilarious interviews that keep the celebrity guests on their toes in an enjoyable way.

Must Watch Episodes: Julia Fox, Bob the Drag Queen, Joel Kim Booster, Phoebe Bridgers, Amber Riley, and more.

Vogue’s 73 Questions

Vogue’s 73 questions interview format often follows the celebrity guests around their homes while answering basic yet exciting questions. From a creative standpoint, the smooth filming of the primarily one-take interviews creates a stunning, relaxing energy for the interview. The questions often center around finding out the guest’s favorite things, their routines, and fun this or that questions. The interviews often seem like a breath of fresh air in comparison to the often stifling red-carpet interview questions.

Must Watch Interviews: Greta Gerwig, Zendaya, Simone Biles, Michael B. Jordan, Adele, Jennifer Lopez, Tracee Ellis Ross, and more.

The Graham Norton Show

In its 30th season, this late-night talk show based in the UK hosted by Graham Norton features adult humor and innuendo-laden content. His iconic red couch is always full of stars across various industries in each episode. The show gives the celebrity guests the space to mingle and tell stories amongst themselves and with the audience. Every episode is always full of laughs. The dynamics between former co-stars or complete strangers sharing the catch are always impeccable. Graham Norton’s show seems like a safe space for his guests to enjoy themselves, and many guests speak more freely on the show than anyone expected. There are plenty of compilations featuring hilarious guest combinations across the internet.

Must Watch Guests: Olivia Colman, Kevin Hart, Ryan Gosling, Meryl Streep, Daniel Radcliffe, and more.

Variety’s Actors on Actors

Variety’s interview format has two celebrities interview each other, thus eliminating the role of a non-celebrity host. Sometimes the two guests are friends, but the pairings are often quite random. The questions create a conversation about both guests’ recent projects, careers, and personal experiences. I love how the guests can relate to each other despite their different careers and backgrounds. The episodes have a strong feeling of an uplifting community conversation. This format also gives the audience a strong insight into the guests’ industries, which can be helpful for those with similar aspirations.

Must Watch Episodes: Andrew Garfield & Zendaya, Viola Davis & Jennifer Gardner, Brad Pitt & Adam Sandler, Chris Evans & Scarlett Johansson, and many more fantastic combinations.

Hi! My name is Morgan McBride, and I'm a senior at Tulane from New York. I am majoring in communications with minors in management and political science. I am so excited to be writing for Her Campus!