This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Given the endless list of concerts, festivals, and celebrations that take place in New Orleans on a monthly (or even weekly) basis, it can often get difficult to keep up with all the fabulous events this city has to offer. One particular type of event, that sometimes gets lost in the mix of Nola festivities, are year-round open-air markets. There’s truly no better way to spend a Saturday than by strolling through aisles of tents displaying the city’s most unique art, food, and talent, all while soaking up the sun and listening to local bands. Therefore, we’ve put together this one-stop guide to year-round open-air markets in New Orleans

Freret Street Market

This eclectic market is held on the first Saturday of every month and exhibits some of Nola’s best hidden gems in terms of local businesses, restaurants, and musicians. One can find anything ranging from vintage clothes, to homemade candles, to avocado fries and fish tacos here, so it’s safe to say there is something for everyone. The next market will be held on October 3rd from 12-4pm. 

Little Flea Nola

Born in 2014, this vintage flea market is rather new to the New Orleans community and still a best-kept-secret to many. Vendors selling vintage clothes, furniture, jewelry, and more are accompanied by tasty food and local music; what more could you want? The next market is this Saturday September 26th, so don’t miss out!

Crescent City Farmers Market

The Crescent City Farmers Market brings fresh, delicious produce to the New Orleans community four days a week! With markets in Uptown, Mid-City, The French Quarter, and the CBD, you won’t have to travel far to get a taste of these local, farm-fresh goodies.  

Green Wave Community Market

This student-run monthly market right on Tulane’s campus boasts a wide array of local baked goods, produce, and crafts, as well as live performances by students. Mark your calendar; the next market is this Sunday September 27th at the Hillel!

Frenchmen Art Market

Frenchmen street has long been known as a music, art, and entertainment hub, so it’s no surprise that this outdoor art market has drawn so much attention since its opening in 2013. Some of the city’s coolest artists showcase their talent here with a diverse array of art and gifts. You won’t want miss out on the funky vibes and relaxed ambience, so make sure to stop by Thursday-Monday 7pm-1am or Sunday 6pm-midnight. 

Picture Source Picture Source Picture Source Picture Source Picture S ource

Her Campus Tulane