Style

5 Valentines Day Gifts That Will Make Your S/O Smile

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

It can be difficult sometimes to think of Valentine’s day gifts that will show your significant other just how much you love them, but with this foolproof list, you will be sure to win Valentine’s Day 2023!

1. A Classic Gift With A Special Twist

A great option for Vday is something that feels personal yet something that your S/O will actually use. Go to a site like Etsy to get a personalized and engraved wallet, toiletry case, or keychain that will make them think of you every time they use it. The practicality makes it a perfect gift that will make them feel extra special. There are even sites where you can add photos to items to give the present an even more unique touch.  

1. A Gift That Will Bring Laughs
kiss heart emoji?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Original Illustration Designed in Canva for Her Campus Media

Another option for valentine’s day is to get a gag gift for your S/O that will make them smile. Websites like “My Face Boxer” enable you to put a picture of yourself on underwear or socks which will be sure to be a hit!

1. For The Gym Rat

For a significant other that loves to work out you can’t go wrong with some new gym clothes from Alphalete or Lululemon if you want to splurge. If you are on a budget a foam roller or mini massage gun will be a perfect post-workout addition to their routine, and their muscles will thank you.

1. For The Sentimental Sweetheart

If you have a S/O that loves sentimental and timeless Vday gifts go for it! Stuffed animals are always a hit, especially ones from JellyCat or Squishmallow, and maybe add in a box of chocolates. Furthermore, a handwritten and heartfelt card or note will be something they cherish and will make their heart melt.

1. Trust Your Gut

Don’t stress out about Vday! You know what your partner likes more than anyone else! If they love adventures, get two tickets to an amusement park or swamp tour! Any inside jokes y’all have could be turned into a cute gift or a set of gifts. If they are into music then records or posters by their favorite artists could be the way to go. If you are still stuck ask someone like their best friend, and when in doubt, flowers and a nice dinner with just the two of you will be a special moment that you can share. 

Annabelle Tomczyk is a freshman at Tulane University studying communications. When she is not doing school work she can be found at the gym, exploring New Orleans, or trying new and delicious restaurants around the city.