5 Reasons Why Gilmore Girls is the Perfect Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Call me crazy, but Gilmore Girls is like kinda therapeutic, right? Am I wrong? Either way, the show has literally been my guilty pleasure since I can remember. I used to think I was alone, but with the new season set to release in November, Gilmore Girls fans of all ages are coming out of the woodwork. I feel kinda weird obsessing over this show, but come on, it’s the greatest. It has an amazing setting (Stars Hollow is the small town of my dreams), tons of witty humor, and so many cute guys (Logan, wyd?). It’s the ultimate package, and it has a little something that everyone can relate to. It was really hard to limit the reasons I love the Gilmore Girls to just one (because I could go on longer than Luke and Lorelai’s flirtationship) but, alas, blog posts shouldn’t read like a Dostoevsky novel.  

1. Lorelai and Rory’s relationship is everything.

They are the perfect mother-daughter duo. Can I be friends with them, lmk.

2.   The setting is prime. 

Is it like perpetually fall there, or is it just me? Either way can you imagine a more perfect place to live.

3. Yale. 

Okay, I know I’m not the only one who’s ever had an ivy league fantasy. Truth be told, I live vicariously through Rory Gilmore, although I prob would have gone with Harvard myself. Yes, I am aware she is a fictional character. It’s not weird. 

4. The boys.

Logan, Dean, Jess. Even Luke is a hard 10. 

5. The friends. 

Both Rory and Lorelai have kick-ass besties. Stars Hollow as a whole is serious squad goals. 

I like cats, rugby, and the New England Patriots. Tulane University '18
Her Campus Tulane