5 Last Minute Mardi Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

With Krewe du Vieux this past weekend signaling that it is carnival season once again, it’s time to unpack those tutus and get your high socks out. While many upperclassmen already have their Mardi outfits picked out and taken out of thier closets, us underclassmen need to step up our game. Fortunately for us, the Amazon Prime trials we signed up for as soon as we got our .edu emails are still valid! Check out these top Amazon Prime Mardi Gras picks and get shopping!

1. A Tutu

If you search “tutu” on Amazon, many of the suggestions will be for kids (boo) If you search hard enough, however, you can find ones that will fit perfectly over your crazy leggings (see next item) While not all of these colors are prime eligable, purple and green are, which should complement your gold leggings perfectly. 

2. Gold Leggings

Why go to American Apparel and spend half of your tuition on shiny pants when you can get the same thing on Amazon with PRIME SHIPPING?? I don’t know. If you search “gold leggings” you will get a ton of results, ranging in price from about $10-$18 dollars. Here is a good bet, coming in at a whopping $9.99. Now you will be able to buy everything on this list!

3. A Fanny Pack

A Mardi Gras essential, this handy little pack isn’t just for tourists anymore. Pack all of your money, your phone, and your keys into this little hiphugger and you’re good to dance the night away! If you want a touch of patriotism to stand out from the sea of neon purple and green packs, try this little Prime find.

4. Crazy High Socks

The knee socks have long been a Mardi Gras tradition, and spice up any outfit that you may be wearing. Black leggings and a t-shirt? Mardi socks make it parade ready instantly! While typing in “Mardi Gras socks” doesn’t get you very far, “knee high colorful socks” will bring you all kinds of finds.

5. Beads

While this isn’t an essential (you are sure to get some throughout the parades) they do add a nice touch to your outfit. Try a crazy set that you wouldn’t find coming off a float, and then add to your collection as the day goes on.

Images via Amazon.com

Current Tulane senior studying English and Communications. Contact: sydneyclarke@hercampus.com
Her Campus Tulane