5 Apps to Maximize Productivity During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

At Tulane University, classes officially end May 1, 2018. However, before students rush off to summer jobs, internships, and vacations, finals must be tackled. It is very hard to stay motivated knowing summer is around the corner. I would much rather be at the pool working on my tan, or going to the fly for a picnic, than studying. But, with these five apps, I can force myself to maintain focus until summer.

SelfControl

I first started using SelfControl when preparing for my finals in High School, and it has been a favorite App ever since. With SelfControl, a free downloadable Mac OS application, you can choose specific distracting websites to lock yourself out of for a specified amount of time. Limiting distractions is done through a blacklist.  

Quizlet

Quizlet, another favorite study tool, seems to be a fan favorite for countless college students. Particularly useful for memorization, Quizlet helps me stay very organized. I use Quizlet when studying for Psychology. My favorite tools to use within Quizlet are the testing and matching tools. I love how I can create customizable tests to help in preparing for the tricky multiple choice questions my teacher asks on Psychology tests.

Evernote

Evernote is another app I will be using this finals season. With Evernote, you can scan all of your notes into your computer to be uploaded to one central location. There is also a tool within Evernote for taking notes. Now that I am using Evernote, I will no longer need to lug my heavy Economics and Statistics notebooks to the library to study. My computer is all I need!

Be Focused

With Be Focused, you have the ability to schedule the duration of study hours and breaks. While I typically rely on my planner for scheduling, Be Focused is nice because you can set timers as well.

Maths Alarm Clock

The last Application is for those who can’t get themselves out of bed to study in the morning. I recently found this App and have been using it ever since. With Maths Alarm Clock, individuals are forced to answer a math problem before snoozing their alarm. This alarm allows time to wake up before deciding to go back to sleep. You can program math problems from easy to difficult.