This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Fall has officially arrived. With fall comes the first holiday to start the festive season: Halloween. While college students may feel as if they have outgrown Halloween traditions such as trick or treating, and dressing in costume, that is not the case. I have compelled a list of 4 Halloween events leading up to the actual day. These events will for sure bring out your inner childhood spirit for Halloween.  

Voodoo music festival (October 26-October 28)

The Voodoo Music + Arts Experience is a three-day music festival hosting many popular artists. Running from October 26-28, this years lineup will include the likes of Odeza and Arctic Monkeys. Attracting thousands of college students from Tulane, Loyola, and LSU, Voodoo will be an unforgettable experience. Bring out your Halloween spirit while at Voodoo, through dressing in costume. This year I will be going as Barbie! 

Bat Festival (October 27)

Running from 10 am to 4 pm at the Audubon Zoo, the bat festival hosts mainly activities such as the “Benefits of Bats” presentation at 3:30 pm by Dr. Craig Hood, as well as Food Truck and Concessions. This free festival is a good way for nature or animal loving student to get into the spirit of Halloween.

Scout Island Scream Park

Open the duration of October, Scout Island Scream Park is a great event for any thrill-seeking students. Created for a family affair, the park offers three haunted attractions, three fright zones, as well as thrill rides, music, and food.  I will personally be attending the haunted attractions and food. 

Rocky Horror Picture Show (October 26 – November 1)

Hosted at the Prytania Theatre in New Orleans, The Rocky Horror Picture Show offers well-hung speakers, merchandise, and the event is also BYOB. If you’ve never seen a Rocky Horror Picture Show, it is a cult classic. Sweethearts Brad and Janet are stuck in a storm with a flat tire and find their way to a creepy mansion. The story is told through dances and rock songs.