3 Things You Miss When You Move Off Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Living off campus is great! You have your own room, a real kitchen, and you can shower barefoot like a real human… But sometimes it’s a hard knock life. If you still live on campus, appreciate these things while you still have them.

1.     Bruff

Finally having access to a real kitchen is great, but… Buying groceries is hard. Cooking for yourself is hard. Walking into Bruff and having a million foods in front of you is magical; enjoy it while you can.

2.     Naps between classes.

Last year I lived in Phelps and most of my classes were in Newcomb. I could get back from class at 11, sleep for 52 minutes, and make it to my noon class with no problem. My advice: cherish your plastic twin XL mattress and it’s proximity to you at all times.

3.     All your friends being right next-door.

Sure having your own room now is great, but if there’s one good thing about living in a dorm, it’s being surrounded by all of your friends. And better yet, their closets.

But there are no RAs and losing your Splash Card is no longer the end of the world, so off campus might not be so bad. 

Her Campus Tulane