This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Spring Fling is just about a week away and that means that it is time to pick a good outfit that will look great in all the pictures and be comfortable all day long.  Spring Fling is the perfect event to break out your creative side and wear something that you don’t wear every day.

Here are some necessities and fun ideas:

A great pair of sunglasses: I recommended having fun picking out a pair of sunglasses that you think will look fun in photos, but that you won’t be sad if you lose since spring fling is a pretty hectic day. Not only will they look great, but they will come in super handy if it’s sunny and you don’t want to be squinting all day.  I love the look of holographic sunglasses or a fun shaped (i.e. heart) pair!

A pair of sneakers that you won’t mind ruining: Last year it rained close to Spring Fling, so the Prez Lawn was pretty muddy and with tons of students walking all over it, your shoes were bound to get covered in mud. Sneakers are a must though due to lots of walking to lots of pre-concert festivities and an early wake-up call.

A personalized t-shirt for you and your friends: Many groups on campus tend to get t-shirts that they customize for their members, but if you’re not in one of those groups grab some friends and make your own!

Accessories: Find your favorite pair of earrings or a great statement necklace and show them off! Not only is jewelry fun to play around with, but a patterned fanny pack or themed travel cup can also be something that adds to your attire. Those items also come in super convenient for holding all your things, so you know you won’t lose them.

Glitter: Get crafty with your makeup—even and add glitter to your cheekbones or temples to make a statement. You can even use sticky rhinestones from a craft store for a bold look!

Have some fun picking out what to wear! Think about all the trends you see but might be too afraid to try and go for it!

A junior majoring in Film and Media Studies. A student-athlete who also enjoys fashion, fitness, and reading.