We <3 Boston: What's going on?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Her Campus Tufts would like to extend our support to the community while the police is searching for the second suspect at large, 19-year-old Dzhokar Tsarnaev, a Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School graduate and UMass Dartmouth student. After there was a report of a robbery near the MIT campus last night, MIT police officer Sean Collier, 26, responded, was gunned down, and died shortly after at Massachusettes General Hospital. There then proceeded to be a car jacking and intense car chase through Cambridge into Watertown. Reports say explosives were being thrown out of the car windows. Tufts students have reported hearing two loud “BOOMS” that could have been some of those explosives. Shoot out in Watertown neighborhood left Marathon Bombing suspect #1, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, dead. There is now an ongoing search for the second suspect in Watertown, and all residents in the Boston area are being encouraged to stay inside. Please stay safe Jumbos, and keep up your strength!

UPDATE: As of approximately 8:50pm today Dzhokar Tsarnaev is in custody after being found very injured and covered in blood in a Watertown family’s boat. He is now being transported to Mt. Auburn hospital. 

More information:

Live Social Feed: http://live.boston.com/Event/M…

HCXO,

Her Campus Tufts

Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!