Tufts Love Guru on The World’s Greatest Lovers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Hey collegiettes, Love Guru here, and this week I decided to throw it back to 2011. Back when I was a sophomore in high school, the Daily Mail released an article listing the world’s best and worst lovers by country.  This week I went around Tufts asking your fellow Jumbos what country they think the greatest lovers hail from, and I got answers that took me all around the world. Here’s what your peers had to say when I asked them, “What country do you think the best lovers come from, and why?”

Let’s begin with the freshmen…

Freshman guy: I would say Djibouti, so I could tell my buddies that I got with someone from Djibouti. It sounds funny but exotic at the same time.

Interesting…I wasn’t expecting an answer like that, but who knows? Djiboutian people might be incredibly sexy.

Freshman girl: I’m thinking Brazil. The men there are naturally flirtatious and make you wonder what would happen if you fall right into their charm.

Can you say Neymar? According to the Daily Mail, the world agreed with you back in 2011 when Brazilians were ranked 2nd best. After watching them in the World Cup this past summer, I can definitely see why.

Now on to the sophomores…

Sophomore guy: I would have to say the best lovers come from France. Their language is alluring and just plain sexy.

They say Paris is the city of love and one of the more intimate acts in life is referred to as “French” kissing, so it’s hard to disagree with that. As for the language, I would have to disagree. There are languages far more sexy (and less nasally) than French.

Sophomore girl:  I can’t get enough of Venezuelan men. They know how to manage women in every way possible.

I don’t know if I agree with that. Venezuelan men are sexy and sometimes alluring, but they play too many games and that can be exhausting. Trust me, I’m Venezuelan.

And the juniors…

Junior guy: I want to say Italian women make the best lovers, but I don’t have the experience to say why.

Italy is probably any stereotypical male’s dream country. They’ve got great food, fast cars, and delectable lovers. The Daily Mail’s 2011 poll ranked Italians as the world’s 3rd best lovers. So I say hop on an airplane, and get that experience! Buon viaggio.

Junior girl: I think the world’s best lovers are Spanish men. They’re sensual, romantic, and know exactly just what to do with you.

When I think of Spanish men, I think of Enrique Iglesias singing “Bailando”.  Let’s be honest, nothing is sexier than that. In 2011, the Daily Mail agreed with you and ranked Spanish people the best lovers in the world.  Maybe I should take my semester abroad in Barcelona!

And finally, the seniors…

Senior guy: The best lovers come from Brazil because we have huge…………hearts.

Haha, I see what you did there! Although I’m not sure that I should be encouraging self-promotion, I already agreed that Brazilians are incredibly sexy. Let’s leave it at that.

Senior girl: I think that any Latin American lover is the best lover. I’ve heard that Latin American people are the most romantic, and that is definitely true.

What came to my mind when you mentioned Latin American men is the way they dance. Dances like Merengue, Salsa, the Tango, and Reggaeton are so sensual and so body conscious that they make you wonder just what could happen behind closed doors.

There you have it, Jumbos. Your peers agreed with the Daily Mail in some ways and brought even more countries into the spotlight when asked about the world’s best lovers. In my opinion, Spanish, Italian, and Latin American people can all make great lovers, but I think that we should keep an open mind about the ones the Daily Mail ranked as the worst. Not all American lovers are too rough, not all English are too lazy, and not all Germans are too smelly. While people’s nationalities do make a difference, who they are as individuals matters as well (if not more). Just fellow your gut and trust your lover. Chances are that no matter where he or she is from, the person you end up with will be the best lover for you.

Xoxo,

Your tufts love guru

photos courtesy of: dailymail.co.uk, searchednews.com

Hi I'm Caro. I'm a member of the Tufts Her Campus, and love writing for my fellow women. HCXO