Transform Your Products: Holiday Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone. Did you miss out on the perfect find? Or did you not even try and fight the crowds? Don’t worry! Here are five beauty gifts that are definitely one size fits all!

1. Mini nail polish kits
How often do you actually go through a nail polish? Other than top coats, I can’t personally remember ever
finishing one. That’s why the mini polishes are perfect! They allow you to try out a bunch of colors in smaller proportions so you aren’t left with half empty ones taking up space. A bonus is that you can split up the kits to make a bunch of stocking stuffers or perfect Secret Santa gifts.
Ulta 5 piece Nail Polish Set in Lust and Lace– $9.95 at Ulta

2. Mini perfume sets
The same concept applies here as with the nail polish. If you know someone’s out on the hunt for a new type of perfume or that they just like changing perfumes frequently, these do the trick. They’re also the perfect size totoss into a backpack or purse.
LaVanila Mini Rollerball Set– $34 at Sephora

3. Urban Decay’s Naked Palette

The neutrals in this palette flatter pretty much any skin tone and can be mixed and matched to make any type of look from the no-makeup look to a deep smokey eye. My personal favorite colors are
Buck, Hustle and Toasted. To help you shape your makeup looks, the palette also comes with a miniature primer and a full-sized brush. Also, its size and shape make it very convenient for travel and storage.
The Naked Palette – $48 at Urbandecay.com

4. Mini eyeliner sets
There’s a bit of a theme going here with the mini sets, but I feel that they’re better for gifting than a full sized product because they allow the recipient to try many different things at the same price tag for you. Mini eyeliner sets are awesome because they often come with pops of colors mixed in with 
neutrals
Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen Taster Trio-$12 for three eyeliners at Target or 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Travel Size Set of Five in Electric – $32 for five eyeliners at Sephora

5. A personalized makeup bag
Do you know what your best friend’s favorite products are? What about the ones she’s been dying to try? The same can go for anyone in your life. If you get a simple cosmetics pouch (clutches at Forever 21 also work for this, and they can use it later), you can fill it with a few of their favorite products. It’s a no-fail but thoughtful gift.

Christie is a rising sophomore at Tufts. She absolutely adores coffee in any form,  believes that any dessert can be made better with nutella and any meal better with hot sauce.  In her spare time, she dabbles in graphic design, playing guitar, and photography. She also adores makeup and beauty and believes it's more of an art form than people give it credit for. Music is definitely a huge part of her life: she always has her iPod on and frequently goes to concerts.