TFG Prez: Wylan Simpson ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Describe your experience with TFG:

During my freshman and sophomore year the leadership in TFG was extremely generous with their time and expertise as I learned about the finance industry. I’m still involved in TFG because it gives me the opportunity to help out students who are in the position I was in a few years back.

What does TFG do?

Tufts Finance Group (TFG) manages the Alpha Fund, a $140 K student run fund, and provides career and educational resources for students interested in business, finance and investing.

What’s your favorite part about TFG?

My favorite part would have to be meeting smart, driven students, and seeing a new stock pitch each week.

Besides TFG, what are you involved in on campus?

I play (played, I guess – yikes) flanker for the rugby team and am very involved in my fraternity, Theta Delta Chi. I’m also a buddy in the TASTE program, where I get to hang out with and mentor an awesome third grader named Nicholas.

What do you plan on doing after graduation?

After graduation I’m moving to New York City and working in investment banking for Oppenheimer & Co. I love the city, so I couldn’t be more excited.

What is something most people don’t know about you? 

I’m an avid mountain biker. I ride religiously when I’m home in California. My dad is actually better than me, and he never lets me forget it.

Any secret talents?

It’s a toss up between playing piano and being able to recite the majority of Wedding Crashers from memory.

If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be and why?

Rocky road. Classic, but still plenty of crunch and excitement. It’s also really delicious and my favorite flavor.

Anything else you want to share with Her Campus?

If you’re interested in getting involved in TFG, check out our website at tuftsfinancialgroup.com or stop by our Tuesday meetings – 9 PM in Cabot 205.

Photos courtesy of Wylan Simpson 

Courtney is a junior at Tufts University where she is majoring in International Relations with a double minor in Communications & Media studies and Economics. She has previously worked for Santander Bank US as a Digital Marketing Analytics Intern as well as Jumpstart Knowledge Adventure where she focused on Social Media Content Creation.