Study Spots Break Down

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

We’re only two weeks into classes, but if you’re anything like me, you’re already feeling pretty swamped.  How can I have papers, group projects and exams already scheduled? So much for easing back into the swing of things…

Her Campus Tufts is here to help (no, we can’t take your classes and do your homework). We can, though, tell you all the best places where you can get your work done around campus.

We’ll start with the obvious: Tisch Library. Looking to be social? Head to the Group Study area where you probably won’t accomplish anything besides people watching. If you’re looking to actually remember the paragraphs that you read, walk downstairs to the basement where everyone is dead silent, or go into the reading room which is conveniently right at the library’s entrance (but seriously, it can be hard to chew gum in these places without getting evil glares).

Have time to kill between classes and want to get ahead in some easy work—go to the Campus Center. With places like Hotung and The Rez, you’ll be in an atmosphere where other students around you are working, but it’s still fairly social. You can also go to Brown & Brew and study over a cup of their coffee.

You’re students at Tufts—which means that you are all smart—and know what lies ahead: Winter. It won’t be nice out forever, so take advantage of this time. Bring your books (and your friends) outside. Tufts is never as pretty as it is in the fall, so set up on the Quad or on The President’s Lawn and do your reading there.

Freshmen and Sophomores—feeling too lazy to venture to Tisch? Study in the common area space of your dorms. You get to leave your actual dorm room, and it’s a quiet place where you can really focus and not get distracted by a lot of people.

But, if you really want to step up your game, you’ll head to Ginn Library. This is especially great for people living uphill as it is more convenient than Tisch. Everywhere in Ginn is silent (you’ll start to feel yourself going crazy after a while), but if you have a paper that needs to be written by the end of the day, this is the place to go.

We hope we’ll see all of our collegiettes hitting the books around Tufts. Remember the more you procrastinate, the harder it is!  

Photo sources: ed.ac.uk

Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!