Slugbooks: The Best Textbook Finder!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Spring semester is just beginning and we all know what that means: textbooks on textbooks on textbooks! But do you sometimes not know where to start when searching for the lowest prices on books? Or are you just tired of paying sky-high bookstore prices? If you are, then listen up Collegiettes: Slugbooks is here to save the day!

After talking to Slugbooks CEO David Miller about what the site is all about, I realized that slugbooks is the answer to the prayers of broke college students, and also got some advice about start-up companies!

So there you have it, Slugbooks: the site that searches textbooks for you!  The idea for the company grew straight from David’s college textbook issues. We shouldn’t have to spend crazy money on textbooks anymore.

SlugBooks works very simply. All you do is go to the site and then type in the ISBN numbers of all your textbooks. Slugbooks then finds the lowest price you can get your textbook for online and directs you to the site that offers the low priced book. The sites can be anything from rental book sites like Chegg to sites like Amazon.  

After you’re done with your new books, you can go into SlugBooks and try to sell it the same way! However this is currently a pilot feature the site is working on and something that Slugbooks hopes to turn into a more comprehensive feature in the future.

Missing Winter Break Already with all the Back to School Stress? Get back in the spirit by listening to the Winter Throwback Playlist.

Pictures Courtesy of: slugbooks.com, arstechnica.com 

Danyelle McInnis is a graduating senior at Tufts University, majoring in English.  She's interested in short story-writing, journalism, marketing, photography, creating websites, baking, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  She's left-handed and always has a secret stash of candy on hand in case the world suddenly runs out of sugar.  In her spare time, she writes about her ongoing transformation from pack rat to minimalist on her blog, Greyer Than Gray.