Programming Board’s Jumbo!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

We all know the story of how Jumbo valiantly saved Tom Thumb from an oncoming train; Her Campus sat down with Tufts beloved mascot and got some details on how Jumbo feels about the campus today.

What’s your favorite color?
Brown and blue, obviously!

What’s your favorite day at Tufts?
I would have to say it’s Tuftstonia’s Day.

What’s your favorite thing about the Tufts community?
I like that we are able to put on so many events and there’s so much enthusiasm for them. I get to make so many friends.

What do you think about school spirit on campus?
I think we have a different kind of school spirit than the normal conception of what school spirit is. We have such a variety of characters and identities on campus that sometimes its hard to reach everyone at once, but I think the passion that every student brings to what they like to do is what unites us as a campus

This week’s poll asks what your favorite thing about homecoming is – what’s yours?
My favorite part is having all the former alums and my old friends come back and say hi to me! It’s great!

What events are you looking forward to this year?
I’m looking forward to the Matt and Kim Show, Winter Bash, and finding out what the new winter event will be at the end of the semester.

What message would you like to send to the students of Tufts?
They should communicate with Jumbo through Programming Board (come to office hours, talk to me at events, Facebook friend me, tweet me, email tupboard@gmail.com, speak with Dave McGraw in OCL) as much as possible so that we can give them the events they want. And get involved because we are always looking for new members.

And always remember your Tufts I.D. wherever you go!

If you had to describe Tufts in 5 words what would they be?
Universal. Active. Academic. Growing. Fun.

Programming Board is the umbrella organization for Executive Board, Concert board, Entertainment board, TUSK, Lecture series, Comedy series, and all the class councils. Check out http://tuftspboard.org/ for more details.

Source: http://insidemedford.com/2010/09/01/tufts-community-day-sunday-september-26/