Profile: Luis del Rosario

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name: Luis Del Rosario.

Year: Sophomore.

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA/Manila, Philippines.

Major: International Relations (International Finance focus), Economics and French.

Single, Taken, or It’s Complicated? V single.

What are you involved in on campus? TCU Senate, Questbridge Scholars, Tufts Admissions, and French Society.

What’s the craziest thing you’ve done? I once got yelled at for *almost* breaking someone’s chandelier! It was Friendsgiving night, and my friends and I were watching the New York sunset from this roof in Brooklyn when we decided to dance. Ten minutes later some guy popped up from his apartment and yelled at us to leave before his chandelier fell. We got a great picture out of it, so whatever.  

Biggest pet peeve? Bad coffee.

Most embarrassing moment? Literally every five minutes when I think I’m smiling or waving at someone I know, but it turns out to be someone else, and I just end up looking like an overenthusiastic weirdo.

Hidden talent: Juggling/binge watching several TV shows at once.

Spirit celeb? Steve Carrell.

Favorite song: It’s a tie between “Forever” by HAIM and “Bad Blood” by NAO.

Favorite food: Chicken and waffles.

In a movie of your life, who would play you and why? Tina Fey, because her Liz Lemon understands ALL my struggles.

Guilty pleasure: General Gau’s from Rose’s—and yes, I ask them to sub out the broccoli for more chicken.

Fun facts that most people at Tufts don’t know? I’ve lived in LA for most of my life, but I was born in the Philippines and lived there until I was 9.

If you could only wear one brand of clothing for the rest of your life, what would it be? I don’t know, Gap Kids?

Describe yourself in 3 words: Chipper, unpredictable, and ambitious.