This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Still haven’t figured out what you’re doing for Valentine’s Day? Do you like art? Do you like appearing to be cultured (that’s half the battle)? Do you like taking funny pictures pretending to be the art? If so, ditch the cliché dinner and a movie and take your crush out to a night at the MFA!

The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston is calling all college students to indulge their romantic side this February with Love at the MFA! With a special brochure in hand, students will be guided through the museum’s galleries to explore the collection’s various depictions of love.

Visitors are encouraged to snap and share photos with their loved ones at “Cupid’s Favorite Photo Spots” throughout their visit. By sharing photos using the hashtag #mfaLove on Twitter and Instagram, visitors will receive a complimentary two for one admission coupon for the month of February and be entered for a chance to win an exclusive MFA experience.

In addition to the photo contest, the MFA will host an “Arts + Hearts” party on Friday, February 13. The event takes place from 6:00 – 9:45 p.m. at the Taste Café in the Linde Family Wing for Contemporary Art and offers a unique pre-Valentine’s day experience for everyone.  Among attendees will be the Boston Globe’s renowned “Love Letter” columnist, Meredith Goldstein, who will likely be serving up some witty love-life advice to partygoers.

If all that doesn’t catch your eye, there are even more fun events planned including:

Full Schedule: Love at the MFA

Self-Guided Tour

·         Visitors can take their sweetheart or bestie on a tour of the Museum’s galleries as they look for works of art—for “True Loves” and “Broken Hearts” —with a special brochure.

Exhibitions

·         Visiting Masterpiece: Gustav Klimt’s Adam and Eve

·         Court Ladies or Pin up Girls? Chinese Paintings from the MFA, Boston

·         Hollywood Glamour: Fashion and Jewelry from the Silver Screen

Lectures and Courses

·         Sunday, February 8 (2–3 pm): “For the Love of…” with Boston Storytellers

·         Sunday, February 22 (2–3 pm): MFA–BLO Signature Series: The Artist Sings

Concerts

·         Thursday, February 12 (6–8 pm): Sound Bites: Boston Conservatory Performers

Make sure to grab your boyfriend, bestie, or girl group and head down to the MFA for what is sure to be a Valentine’s Day to remember!

Photo source: www.mfa.org

Courtney is a junior at Tufts University where she is majoring in International Relations with a double minor in Communications & Media studies and Economics. She has previously worked for Santander Bank US as a Digital Marketing Analytics Intern as well as Jumpstart Knowledge Adventure where she focused on Social Media Content Creation.