The Latest Trends for Gettin’ Formal From Rent the Runway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

We have all been there: you have an event coming up, and even though you have a closet full of beautiful clothes, the I-have-absolutely-nothing-to-wear panic begins to set in. You scramble to think of a cheap store where you can find a dress, statement accessories, or cute pair of heels to wear guiltlessly just once, but none come to mind. Lucky for last-minute planners (or people who just want to look great in designer clothes but don’t have $300 to blow on a dress) renting is the new buying! The new trend of renting dresses, accessories, bags, and shoes online instead of emptying your wallet to purchase them is quickly gaining popularity. According to Letty Lawrence, a Public Relations Assistant at the industry forerunner Rent the Runway, the company’s sale have been “growing almost two-fold every year.”

This season, Rent the Runway has you covered! Whether you’re looking to outfit yourself for a formal, weekend getaway, vacation, birthday celebration, or date night, this website has a dress for every type of event. In fact, with an inventory of over 25,000 dresses – all of which are in-season and in-style – you will go from having nothing to wear to almost having too many choices! (As if that could ever really happen). So what are you waiting for? Go to http://www.renttherunway.com and starting browsing!

Still need more incentive to rent? RTR is offering Tufts Collegiettes an amazing deal: If you enter the discount code TUFTSSPRING13 at checkout, instead of paying the usual $25 fee for a second dress choice, you will be able to order a back-up style for FREE! This is an incredible deal if you have two events near each other, or just want to get two dresses for the price of one!

Check out some of the hot trends for spring on the next page!

[pagebreak]

Bright Colors:

Check out this stunning coral Hervé Léger dress, this beautiful teal Badgley Mischka dress, and this cute blue dress by Tracy Reese!

HERVÉ LÉGER

Coral Me Bad Dress

MARK & JAMES BY BADGLEY MISCHKA

Teal Draped Dream Dress

TRACY REESE

Picture Perfect Little Blue Dress

[pagebreak]

Peplum:

You can never go wrong with peplum – especially with this beautiful white Shoshanna dress, this fun and flirty green Slate & Willow dress, or this elegant lace dress by Sachin + Babi.

SHOSHANNA

Alexa Peplum Dress

SLATE & WILLOW

Jane Dress

SACHIN + BABI

Love Comes Peplum Dress

[pagebreak]

Bold Patterns/Prints:

Stand out at your next event in this sexy blue patterned RVN dress, this wildly hot dress by Hervé Léger, or this modern LBD by Robert Rodriguez.

RVN

Puzzle Solver Dress

HERVÉ LÉGER

VIP Access Dress

ROBERT RODRIGUEZ COLLECTION

Cap Sleeve Swirl Mini

Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.