Justin Ferranti ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name:  Justin Ferranti, ‘12
Hometown:  Rochester, NY
Status: Single
Major: International Relations with an Entrepreneurial Leadership Minor
Favorite Holiday:  4th of July because it’s the summer, it’s a great time and my birthday’s the next day
If your house was on fire, what are 3 things you would save?:  My camera, my journal from abroad, and my bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
Favorite Childhood Memory: My family and I always go to Maine every summer. It’s not one memory but a whole collection of them – learning how to ride my bike, playing on the beach, getting pooped on by a seagull (although that wasn’t a good memory).  It’s something I look forward to every year, spending time with my family on the beach.
Favorite Thing about Tufts:  I really like the people and the level of involvement on campus. There’s always something to do.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?: I’d invest half of it in my company, give some back to thank my parents, and use the rest to have fun with my friends. 
Ideal Place to Live in the World: I’d love to live in France.  I was abroad and I loved it. I’d live with my host family again; I loved them, my host mom made the best food.
Superpower: Like Hermione’s time tuner, to be able to pause time whenever I needed it because I don’t have enough.
Pet Peeve: People chewing gum really loudly.
Guilty Pleasure: I watch True Blood.
Dream Job:  Working for Roof for Two, it’s the company that four of my friends and I recently started. We just won the Tufts 100k business competition
Best Halloween Costume: Freshman year I was Steve Urkel – I had the little tie, the suspenders, glasses, high socks, the works – I really let my inner Urkel go wild. 
Best Pick-Up Line Used or Had Used on You: Well this isn’t a pick-up line but recently I was in Carmichael and some girl came up to me and asked if I had a girlfriend , I said “no,” and she proceeded to make out with me. 
Favorite Class taken at Tufts: I’m in a negotiations class right now and the professor tells great stories. I’m learning a lot and it’s tons of fun.
What did you want to be when you were younger?:  I used to want to be an orthodontist because they make tons of money but don’t really do much.
If you were an animal, what would you be?: I’d be a golden retriever because they’re awesome. I have one and he’s the greatest.
If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be?:  The pope – what does he actually do?
What’s the best compliment you’ve ever gotten?:  In high school I was voted “Best Smile.”