freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

J.J. Threads: The Perfect Valentine’s Day Gift For Him

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

In this day and age the growing trend seems to be that everything is customizable. You know longer have to purchase a CD with set songs, you can just make your own playlist; you can make the Nikes you are dreaming up with Nike ID; and there is ample variety in the products we use every so that you can select the ones that is best matched with our own unique lifestyle. Now, with the help of a start-up, we can even customize our own clothes.

J.J. Threads is an online retailer dedicated to making state-of-the-art custom men’s’ shirts. For the shopper there is no needles and thread involved! Instead shoppers can enter their measurements online and select from hundreds of materials and patterns to create that perfect shirt. We sat down with the founder of the company, Jay Wich, to learn more about this exciting new company.

For those who do not know, how would you describe JJ Threads in one statement?

It’s a custom shirt company with a social element. Users can create their own shirt or get inspiration from other users.

How are your shirts different from other shirts? How large is your fabric/pattern/color selection?

Eclectic fabrics is our differentiator. We have fabrics perfect for a standard birthday or something a bit more casual. We have your basic range of premium European fabrics, [as well as a wider] diverse range of fabrics.

How does the social interaction aspect of J.J. Threads work?

After you create a profile, you can follow certain aspects that you are interested in designing shirts with [and] you can follow other uses you are friends with, or famous people, to get more inspiration to make your own stuff. The coolest thing is if you design something cool and someone else uses it, you get 20 dollars J.J. cash.

Why is a JJ Threads gift card or shirt the perfect Valentine’s Day gift?

The custom aspect makes it a great choice. If it’s a gift card your guy can create the perfect shirt of his choosing. It is completely up to the customer what they really want.  It is a platform where you can design something to your liking, that fits your personal style.

Can’t wait to run out and tell your friends about J.J? Then you are probably a good candidate for the J.J. Thread’s Ambassador Program. As an ambassador you get the opportunity to bring J.J. Threads to your campus (Tufts any beyond!). You will have great hands-on experiences – and GET PAID – by being a brand ambassador. So, if you are energetic, charismatic, driven and creative, and love the J.J. Threads brand, contact Ambassador@jjthreads.com!

http://www.jjthreads.com/

https://twitter.com/jjthreads

http://www.facebook.com/jjthreads

Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.
Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!