This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Students were shouting, colors were flying, and music was blasting at the celebration of Holi, a Hindu holiday that made its appearance on the Res Quad on April 10th this year.  Waiting for the fun to begin, well over 100 people lined up in their white t-shirts to grab a bag of rang (colored powder).   Soon the event exploded in a literal cloud of color as students threw the rang onto their friends, themselves, and strangers in the crowd.  Before long, nearly everyone was covered from head to toe in pink, yellow, and green.  Some really let loose as they sprayed one another with a nearby hose, while others worked on covering their entire bodies in the bright hues.  The Hindu Students Council (HSC) has put on the event for several years, but this year it seemed as though more students than ever came out on the warm spring day to join the festivities.  Celebrating Holi on the Res Quad is part Ke$ha concert, part finger-painting, and part Spring Fling.  It’s an experience unlike any other, and you owe it to yourself to get out there next spring and celebrate Holi like a pro.