HC Tufts Back-To-School Party – Event goodies, swag, & more!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

20% discount at FOUND. Free Chipotle. The Cookie Man. Goody bags. Raffle prizes – Need I list more reasons for you to come to the first ever Her Campus Tufts Back-to-School party?!

This Thursday night from 7-9pm, we are throwing a 100% HC approved (and free!) party at FOUND in Davis Square! FOUND is opening up their store to HC Tufts and Tufts collegiettes to come, shop around, and enjoy a fun evening of food, drinks, free swag and so much more!

Chipotle is bringing over tons of delicious food for everyone and Zico is supplying coconut water. Now, we know when we are getting a bunch of Tufts ladies together, sweets must get involved – lucky for us, Campus Celeb and campus legend John the Cookie Man from Sweet Idea is swinging by with his famous cookies for everyone!

While food is a necessity, free swag and raffles are icing on the cake for a fun night. Local artists, jewelry designers, photographers, and makeup companies have generously donated amazing products to the event just for all of you!

Click through these next few pages to check out what other awesome sponsors are a part of this fun event!

[pagebreak]

ByBonnilu
 is a jewelry company based out of Boston run by Bonnie Cheng, who describes herself as, “an electrical engineer with a creative itch!” ByBonnilu’s pieces are delicate and colorful – in HC terms, the perfect accessories for any occasion!

[pagebreak]

Red Nickel is another great Boston based company. Susan Bregman is a passionate photographer who has taken her work to another level by creating magnets and eye-catching prints of signs and other aspects of her favorite cities, including Boston, New York, Las Vegas, Reno and Chicago. Even though she loves to work with both film and digital photography, Bregman’s images all encompass a “dreamy, retro feel,” she says. Check her out on Facebook!

[pagebreak] 

Laurels and Moss is a handmade jewelry company started and run by Tanya Laurel. Tanya is a self-taught jewelry designer from just outside of Boston. She likes to create things with an organic feel but with unique pops of color, combinations of materials, and asymmetry. Mostly, she finds herself making jewelry that is contemporary, fun, and easy to wear. Check our Laurels and Moss on Facebook!

[pagebreak] 

Erin Ellis is an aspiring children’s book illustrator and paper doll illustrator extraordinaire. Ellis loves to work with a variety of mediums like paint, inks, markers, fabric, and paper. “I get bored doing one thing,” she says. We love the detail in her prints, and we are obsessed with her elephant print! You can also check out her work on Etsy!

[pagebreak]

Rugrats Resin Shop is a handmade jewelry shop that specializes in “resin street art and inspired jewelry.” Danielle McLaughlin is a born and raised Bostonian who has always loved crafts. She describes herself as “a perfectionist who takes pride in [her] work.” Every one of her creations is her own design, and she loves being able to make 100% one-of-a-kind pieces! Check it out on Facebook and Twitter!

[pagebreak]

Additionally, we are so excited to be partnering with:

Madelyn Perene Designs – A jewelry company specializing in beaded bracelets and earrings.

LuxJewlery – Handcrafted creations supporting the environment!

Pretty Thoughts – A fashion forward company using solely latex to make beautiful and wearable designs for all occasions!

Guilty Cubicle – An art company run by a Tufts graduate! Check it out on Facebook and Twitter!

Petite Threla – A beauty shop whose “philosophy is to begin all formulations with fresh, natural ingredients and to complement with safe synthetics only when there is a tangible benefit to the product and the user.” Check them out on Facebook and Twitter!

Plastiks – A trendy jewelry and fashion line with a fun twist to typical style. Check them out on Facebook and Twitter!

Kiss Your Elbow Polish – A handmade nail polish company that has amazing, unique colors perfect for any occasion! Check it out on Facebook and Twitter!

Sand and Sparkles – A handmade jewelry shop that specializes in beaded wrap bracelets!

Bag Lunch – A fun company that makes chapsticks in unique flavors like Cupcake Frosting, Caramel Sundae, and Pancakes and Syrup!

We are so excited and we hope you are too! Thank you too all of our sponsors!

Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!