Get Groceries Delivered to Your Door with Instacart!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Craving a snack that isn’t the same old fruit from Dewick but too lazy to make the trip to the grocery store? Fear not collegiettes, Instacart is here, and trust me, it will become your new best friend!

This week I had the amazing opportunity to try out Instacart, a grocery delivery service that recently expanded into Medford. The service not only delivers in as little as an hour but is also super easy to use. All you have to do is select your choices from a impressive range of options at www.instacart.com, put in your address and click a delivery time. And, in case your item of choice is out of stock, you can always pick a replacement by making a note. What is more, you can always check the status of your order on the website and (wait for it) can even request the ripeness you’d like for any fruit! Mind officially blown.

My favorite part though was definitely the customer service. Instacart’s personal shoppers are very friendly, flexible and professional. They shop from local stores in the area such as Wholefoods Costco and Shaws and bring it right to your doorsteps.  I happened to order on Sunday, one of their busiest days, but they were very accommodating and deliver my goodies promptly. Because my order was running 5 minutes late I got a phone call and an email apologizing for any inconvenience. You could tell that the company really cares about their customer’s happiness, and the effort they put in to make sure I had a good experience made such a difference. I think that one of the best parts of shopping or any using any service is feeling valued as a consumer and, in my opinion, Instacart excelled at this.

In retrospect, the only thing I can complain about is not having known about this service sooner! The long winter months in Medford have been chilly and gloomy and it’s been a struggle to drag myself out of my bed to shop. With Instacart, this will no longer an issue! Collegiettes, I encourage you to try out this convenient new service, I promise you it’s worth it. 

Use this code to get $10 off!

Danyelle McInnis is a graduating senior at Tufts University, majoring in English.  She's interested in short story-writing, journalism, marketing, photography, creating websites, baking, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  She's left-handed and always has a secret stash of candy on hand in case the world suddenly runs out of sugar.  In her spare time, she writes about her ongoing transformation from pack rat to minimalist on her blog, Greyer Than Gray.