This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Study Smarter, Not Harder

Cramming and memorizing information for finals can type up a huge amount of time, and sometimes the amount of time put in doesn’t necessarily relate to how much you remember! It doesn’t matter how long you study and work at memorizing information, but how effective your time spent studying is.  Paul Nowak recently visited Tufts and gave a workshop on, “How to Memorize Information for Finals.”  

Memorization is a complex process, however, if you understand the process and learn appropriate techniques you can have better results in less time!  Nowack has provided a video tutorial for free for anyone who was unable to come to the workship. The videos are broken down into the following categories:

• How Your Memory Works
  • How To Memorize Detailed Information in a Precise Order
  • How To Memorize Vocabulary
  • How To Memorize Dates, Numbers & Equations

Watch a video or two, you never know what will work for you until you try it! As Study Maven says, “Study smarter, not harder.”

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3074477885669953537?source=Tuf…

Courtney is a junior at Tufts University where she is majoring in International Relations with a double minor in Communications & Media studies and Economics. She has previously worked for Santander Bank US as a Digital Marketing Analytics Intern as well as Jumpstart Knowledge Adventure where she focused on Social Media Content Creation.