Finals Cutie: Emma Zafran

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name: Emma Zafran

Year: 2017

Major: International Relations, Concentration: International Security

Hometown: Parkland, Florida

Favorite class this semester: Gender and World Politics. So interesting and engaging. We sit in a circle every class and have the best discussions.

Spirit professor: Oh Lee Edelman. for sure. He teaches film/english classes and is so well spoken, funny, and intelligent. I will take all his classes before I graduate.

Go-to study spot: Tisch reading room always. People know its my spot and come visit and say hi. I’ve even convinced a few people to make it their usual spot as well. Maybe because I’ve been known to order food there once or twice..

Favorite study snack:  Gummy bears

Finals theme song: Light it up by Major Lazor. Not the most calming but for sure pumps me up (sometimes distracts) me when the tiredness is too real. Tired of Talking by Leon is also such a jam. Its been on repeat for the last few days on Spotify.

Weirdest study habit: I have to sit a table and not a cubicle.. no idea why but now its just become a thing. Plus I hope friends will come and join in on the (fun) misery.

I couldn’t have passed my finals without: Late night food and the craziness that is my house at @heavenoncurtis.  People are always over so I come home to my housemates and lots of friends. Like sometimes 8 people. Even if I’m dead at the end of a long night of studying, my house is warm and filled with dominos, laughs, and love.

Hopes and dreams for next semester: I’ll be studying abroad in Paris so mostly to eat lots of croissants and travel tons. Maybe my french will become fluent along the way? A girl can dream.

Any words of wisdom for others suffering through finals? I would say learn how to be an effective studier. Freshmen year I would waste hours going on Facebook every few minutes or on some random food blogs lol. Now I’ve learned to just get down to business. I’ll be super productive and then take a break. Also,  remember even during finals to make time for friends and yourself. If I didn’t have time for zumba during the week I might go insane.

Check out another one of our finals cuties, Stacy Weng!