Falling for This Season’s Cutest Coats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

It’s time to face it, summer is gone, and fall is here! Fall brings pumpkin spice lattes, beautiful foliage, and my personal favorite –coat season. Whether you consider yourself a fashion guru or don’t think you’re a stylish chic, these coats are a guaranteed boost to your daily look.

Camel Cocoon Coat ($350)

Camel colored jackets are not going out of style anytime soon. Not only will this jacket be a staple in your closet, it can be dressed up or down. It’s classic and trendy–without trying too hard. The coat’s neutral tone will pair with just about everything in your closet. This jacket is also versatile. Whether you are going for a casual weekend look or to your important work presentation, this jacket will impress.

Bomber Jacket ($45)

The 90s are back and so are bombers! Bombers are an easy trend for anyone to try. You can find them in an array of colors, variations, and prices. Bombers go great with a pair of jeans, over a dress, and with a pair of booties. This trend is here to stay, at least for the next few months!

Biker Jacket ($77)

Biker jackets are always the “cool girl” staple. This take on the classic leather biker jacket might be for the girl who already has the leather version or for someone who wants something a little less edgy. At under a $100, this cute jacket is a steal! The suede is great for dressing up an outfit, but casual enough to pair with your favorite fall turtleneck. This rose color is not as harsh as black, so its wearable and brings a pop of color to any outfit.

Puffer Jacket ($289)

Before you know it, winter will be here and so will the chilly temperature. This jacket is an easy layering piece that goes with any outfit. If you tend to reach for more neutral tones (I recommend black), you will be reaching for this coat everyday this winter. This jacket is well-made and will last you multiple freezing winters in Boston. The investment is worth it!

Animal Print

Animal Print? Yes, Animal Print! Animal prints are back, and in a less tacky form. This bold addition to your wardrobe will keep you on trend and spice up any outfit. You can even mix and match animal print, as long as it’s done well! So don’t be afraid to try this jacket out this season if you’re looking for something fun, bold, and new to wear! If you don’t believe me, just look to fashion models Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner rocking the trend.