This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

It’s hard to even think about fall fashion after the sweltering heat of last week, but the cold weather will soon be upon us, and Collegiettes need to be prepared. Rock your style on campus and fill your closet with the most fun, fashionable fall trends!

1.     Gray Matter

Gray is all over the runway this season and they’re calling it “Gray Matter.” This trend is both fun and easy to style; it will work well with almost any piece in your closet. Plus, everyone looks great in this color.

2.     All About That Green

Green’s presence in fall trends is nothing new, but emerald green has added a new pop to this year’s staple pieces. Army green looks great in military-inspired looks.  We’re loving this outfit from Prabal Gurung.  

3.     Luxury Tuxedos

Collegiettes, tuxedo pieces have been popping up everywhere this season. Whether it’s a blazer or tux pants, the look definitely makes a bold statement. Everything tuxedo makes you look sharp, sophisticated and we’re all about that.

4.     Color Blocking

Thought you could hide in an all-black ensemble 24/7 for fall? No, no, no.  Color blocking is back, and the trend isn’t for the color-shy.  Models strut the runway in color-blocked pieces this season.

5.     Leather Forever

Leather. Leather. Leather. Who doesn’t love it? It’s edgy, it’s sexy; leather is, again, a popular material on the runway. From leather pants, to leather dresses, to leather jackets- leather looks good on anything.

6.     Winter White

White in the winter? We usually abide by the “no white after labor day” rule, or at least, no white pants. But it seems fashion is willing to push the boundaries this year.  Just make sure people don’t mistake you for a snowwoman.

These tips will help you plan an amazing wardrobe this fall. Sometimes we can’t wait to start the new trends and sometimes we don’t know what the designers were thinking. We can’t wait to start shopping! 

Photos Courtesy of: Glamour.com, Vogue.com, harpersbazaar.com, and eonline.com.