Fall Dorm Decoration Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Fall is finally upon us and I know we are all loving the leaves changing colors and, of course, the sweater weather. What can a Collegiette do to get into the fall feeling (besides putting together a cute fall outfit)?  Here are the 5 things that every Collegiette needs in her dorm to make fall complete:

1. Fall bed accessories are a must for this season. So grab a maroon or any dark fall colored throw blanket or pillow to make your bed homey (but don’t get caught up in them come midterms!)

2. Every girl loves herself some good candy, right? Put a bowl of your favorite fall candy, like candy corn, or caramel out for you and your friends!

3. Those fluorescent lights in dorms can really interfere with some low-key relaxation. Get some string lights and hang them up! (Clipping some pictures of you and your friends up also gives it a personal touch)

4. We all remember carving pumpkins with our family when we were younger, so adding a small pumpkin in your room for fall gives you a little feeling of home without all of that mess!

5. Even though we aren’t allowed to light candles in our dorms, that doesn’t mean we can’t have them for decoration. Put out some red, orange and yellow candles to really give your dorm that last touch of fall.

Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!