Election Edition: Joe Thibodeau

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Hometown: Andover, MA…REPRESENT!

Tufts Affiliations (greek life, other orgs like senate, etc): Tufts FOCUS, Study Abroad (Tufts-in-Madrid Program), Tisch Scholars Program, 3P’s, WMFO, TDC, volunteer at Somerville Homeless Coalition, TCU Senate, and my job at the Ginn Library (come visit!)

Favorite Movie? Remember the Titans

What are you currently listening to? “Everywhere” by Michelle Branch (Don’t Judge)

Favorite store/brand? I’m a MAJOR fan of the J. Crew outlets but recently discovered Uniqlo and am in love!

Yourself in one sentence? I’m a fun, passionate and outgoing person who smiles and sings his way through life.

Favorite part about Tufts? It sounds really cheesy, but the people. Tufts has really introduced me to so many different perspectives and world views. Before coming to Tufts, I went to an all-boys Catholic high school in suburban Massachusetts. Things have definitely changed, and each person I meet teaches me something new and exciting every day!

Dewick or Carmichael? Carm is by far superior…

Have you ever painted the cannon? YES! We did it for Senate our freshman year and for Tomas’ campaign.

Can you eat like a JUMBO? I’m a hardcore foodie—no lie. Best Tufts Night=Stir Fry Night. Hands Down. No Competition.

What is the most Jumbo-thing you have ever done? Watched the sunset with best friends on the library roof. Doesn’t get much better than that.

How fast can you get up the memorial steps? 30 seconds? They’re HUGE!

Most embarrassing childhood moment (keep it young)? I dropped my glasses at a pool party and when I bent over to pick them up my swimming trunks split wide open. There was a whole lot of Thibs showing after that…

Favorite Boy Band? Lets just say THIS GUY owned both the Millennium and Black & Blue CD’s…so Backstreet will always have a special place in my heart (Btw their best song is most definitely “The Call.” It really speaks to me).

Best advice for Jr. Jumbos? Take risks. You only get four years at this awesome place, so soak in every minute. Keep an open mind and don’t be afraid to try new things. College is definitely what you make of it, so take advantage of literally every opportunity that comes your way. I promise, you won’t regret it!

Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.
 Jessica Lee is a senior at Tufts University in Medford, MA. Before transferring to Tufts in the fall of 2011, she spent a semester abroad in Paris, and studied at Claremont McKenna College in Claremont, CA, for two years. Jessica is majoring in English and minoring in Communications & Media Studies, with an eye towards working in PR or Marketing. Never one to shy away from taboo topics or keep her opinion to herself, Jessica enjoys coming up with topics for her weekly “He Said vs. She Said” column.
Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!