Wellness

Eating Disorder Resources at Tufts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

This week, Her Campus Tufts will be posting articles on issues surrounding eating disorders in honor of National Eating Disorder Awareness Week. Below is a list of resources in the greater Boston area and at Tufts in particular to kick things off.

National Eating Disorders Association

The National Eating Disorders Association website is a great place to start for general information on the topic of eating disorders. The website also has a help and resources section, in which they provide a phone number and email address for anyone seeking professional help.  

Zencare Boston Area

Zencare is an online service that can help connect you with a therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist in the Boston area. These professionals have a wide array of specialties, including eating disorders.

Tufts Health Services

On campus, Tufts Health Services is a great place to seek out help. You can call 617-627-3350 to make an appointment or set up a consultation.

Tufts Counseling and Mental Health Services

Counseling and Mental Health Services is another great resource at Tufts. They offer a number of free and confidential services to undergraduate and graduate students. The clinicians can also provide recommendations for resources off campus in the Boston area. Call 617-627-3360 to set up an appointment. 

Tufts Medical Center

Tufts Medical Center, located in Boston, has doctors and a care team devoted to eating disorders, and lots of additional resources on eating disorders.

Ears for Peers

Finally, Ears for Peers is a student run program on campus that provides emotional support for students during all hours of the night. Ears for Peers is always anonymous and confidential. You can talk to someone on the phone, at 617-627-3888, or through AIM at tuftse4p.