This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

With midterms in full swing and the semester passing the halfway mark, you may feel too busy or tired to put on makeup. Or maybe you’re getting ready to go out and have no idea how to do your eyeshadow. Especially on the weekends, it can be a hassle to change and manage your looks, balancing homework, parties, and casual Sundays.  

This guide will help you transform your looks from day to night in 10 minutes with little to no effort.

First, master the basics: everyday makeup that will look good–even after breaking a sweat running up The Hill (don’t deny it).  As with any makeup routine, always start with an appropriate moisturizer, because the air can really suck moisture out of your skin, especially as we approach the cold Boston winter!  My personal favorite is Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer, but make sure to find one that fits well with your skin tone. I usually go without foundation, but bareMinerals foundation provides a light formula that evens your skin tone without leaving your face feeling cakey. Next, I like to swipe on some shimmery nude eyeshadow, which helps me look awake–even if I’m running on 4 hours of sleep. Top it off with a coat of mascara for a natural look, but if you’re feeling daring, add eyeliner for some extra depth. You can also brighten your eyes by lining the inner corners with white eyeliner, a new but up and coming trend.

​You’re going to sweat at parties, so heavy foundation is a big no-no. Light powder foundation (or none at all) works best. Instead, experiment with more dramatic eye makeup. Upgrade from the basic winged eyeliner to the double wing, or line your eye like Cleopatra! For a twist on the smokey eye, use golden eyeshadow instead of black and white.

If eye makeup isn’t your thing, go for some creative lipstick! Pair a bold coral lip with a golden shimmery eyeshadow. For a darker look, purple lipstick and mascara draw the focus onto your lips. Revlon matte lipsticks are always great and come at a reasonable price!

​Whatever makeup you decide to wear, make sure to experiment and mix it up once in a while to find what works best for you. And always remember: under no circumstances should you wear makeup to the gym — ever.