This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Brian Tesser (’16) is currently running for Senate President for the 2015-2016 academic year at Tufts. A double major in Economics and International Relations, Brian may be well known as having a bubbly, friendly presence on campus, but he also has big things in mind for next year. Brian gave Her Campus the inside scoop on his plans for Tufts if he is successfully elected.

Why are you running for Senate President?

I’m running for Senate President because I want to make a difference for the students at Tufts and help to make Tufts the best place that it can be for all students.

What is your favorite campaigning technique?

I think keeping people’s newsfeeds constantly filled with a giant picture of my head is pretty effective…

How are you going to attract the votes of different groups on campus?

I think I’m good at reaching out to different people from many different sectors on campus. I am here to represent all Tufts students and I’m excited to reach out to the communities that I’m a part of and get to know the communities that I have not encountered yet.

Give a phrase that will describe your presidency.

I woke up likes this ***Flawless.

What are some things you hope to accomplish if elected?

I have a lot of things that I’m aiming to work on this year that are outlined in my platform, but I really want to tackle the current issues that we have with on campus/off campus housing, work to increase inclusion on campus, and help to advance career services among many other things!

What’s your power piece of clothing?

I really like scarves. I wish it were acceptable to wear a scarf at all moments.

What’s your go-to drink at The Rez?

Depends on my day but either a Voldemort or a Medford Fog, no doubt. 

Here is the Facebook page for Brian’s campaign!

To read Brian’s platform, click here

Sophomore at Tufts. Involved in Alpha Phi, Her Campus Tufts, Tufts Relay For Life, Tufts Cancer Outreach, Tufts Blood Drive. Loves cooking, baking, skiing, and playing with her two Miniature Dachshunds.