This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Hey there, fashionista collegiettes! We’re here to bring you the details about our exciting experience representing Her Campus Tufts at Boston Fashion Week 2014!

This year we were lucky enough to attend both the press conference and the Synergy Events Emerging Trends runway show held at the Boston Center for the Arts. At the press conference, we had the opportunity to meet and interview the designers who showcased their collections. We had an amazing time talking to Joyce Pilarsky, a gorgeous designer from the Philippines, who also happens to be a model, singer, painter, host, author, beauty queen, and philanthropist (you know, just casual hobbies). She explained to us that her collection of chic evening gowns was inspired by her desire to advocate fabulousness by encouraging women to wear less black (ha, guilty).

We also spoke with Jungsu Choi, a designer from South Korea, who told us that he channeled his passion for science fiction to create a very unique, vampire-esque, high-end, menswear collection. His pieces resembled darker and edgier versions of Alexander Wang’s. This was definitely the collection that left the biggest impression on us.

Brigid Horlander and Cassie Giguere are also incredibly passionate designers who we luckily had the chance to chat with. For a full list of the designers of this year’s show visit http://www.bostonfashionweek.com/ and http://www.theemergingtrends.com/.

If you follow HC Tufts on social media (which you should by the way) you would’ve seen some sneak peaks of all the fun we had taking photos on the red carpet! There were three shows lasting from 7pm to 10pm and so many beautiful designs were on the runway. Thanks to our press passes, we snagged awesome seats in the second row and had a perfect view. The show ended with designs created by students at the NuVu Studio in Cambridge that were very avant-garde and theatrical.

After the show, we decided to take photos of each other in front of the venue and one of the photographers offered to take some shots of both of us. He had us posing and laughing, and it was the perfect end to the night.

It was such a glamorous event and also a great learning experience for us fashion lovers. For more on Boston Fashion Week 2014 search the hashtags #BFW, #bostonfashionweek, and #emergingtrends on Twitter and Instagram.