This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Two Friends are back in action and ready to talk about getting set up for a party! Yep, it’s that time of year again. As spring approaches and formal is getting closer, you better keep your eyes peeled for a potential date.

There are three main approaches to choosing a formal date:

1. Ask a significant other or friend (this can be the least stressful option)

2. Ask that special someone you’ve had your eye on

3. Have your older friends set you up on a blind date

The options for a set up are truly limitless. Maybe you’ve had your eye on that cutie who’s always see at the gym; it’s time to turn those dreams into reality. If you’re too shy to ask him yourself, do it anonymously by being set up.

Here are a few suggestions of how to find a date if you are still searching:

• Think about the type of suitor you’re looking for. An athlete? A thespian? A frat bro? A hipster? A chef? Tufts is such a diverse campus, and odds are that you will find the kind of date you’re looking for.

• Check rosters, Facebook groups, and composites for anyone that catches your eye.

• If you have a guy in mind but don’t know his name, ask around. Someone is bound to know him.

• Put yourself out there and don’t worry about being embarrassed. People are flattered to be invited, and anyone who accepts the invitation is bound to have a good time.

Lastly, relax. Control what you can, but don’t try to micromanage the situation. When you first meet your date, play it cool and be yourself. Be excited to see them! Make sure to talk to and act interested in your date, and to keep an open mind. Who knows… even if something romantic doesn’t evolve, you might make a new friend. However nervous you may be, your date is probably just as nervous. Don’t judge first impressions too harshly, because true personality will come out as the night progresses. Even if you aren’t into your date, be respectful and don’t ditch him. Most importantly though, have fun with your friends and make the most out of your night!