BeStyled Blow Dry Lounge: Get Treated Like A Princess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Need a quick fix for your hair on a college-girl budget? That’s what Alex, my co-president, and I were looking for last Thursday night before a night out in Boston. We ventured to Wellesley, Massachusetts to the new BeStyled Blow Dry Lounge. 

We were seated instantly upon arrival by the bubbly staff and served up some scrumptious cappuccinos. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept of a blow dry bar it is precisely what it sounds like; imagine a traditional bar, but swap out the liquor for hair tools. We were seated in cushy chairs along a long white bar, each with our own iPads for entertainment. Sandra Bullock swept gracefully across a bigger screen as The Proposal played silently in the background. My hairdresser gave me a menu of multiple hair options to choose from and then I was whisked into the sweet-smelling shampoo station for a very-needed head massage. My hair was transformed quickly and painlessly as I nibbled on some yogurt-covered pretzels, while flicking through a virtual magazine from my now personal iPad. After 30 minutes – voila – I spun around to face the mirror and was enthused to find the no-wavy hairstyle that I had selected. My hair was not frizzy and lasted days. In addition, no flat iron was needed, which diminishes the damage that styling can inflict.

Our experience at BeStyled was a very positive one! They use quality products and tools and you are treated like a princess upon entry- and all for very low prices. I recommend skipping out on Davis Square the next time you need (or just really want) a blowout, and just taking the short drive down to Wellesley to visit BeStyled. (P.S. the salon will be opening an even closer location at 415 Market Street in nearby Lynnfeild, MA in mid-November! We will definitley be checking it out before winter break rolls around…). 

Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.