The Best New TV Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

When Fall time rolls around school is not the only thing the season brings- our favorite television shows resume their seasons as well (and some end….unfortunatley in the case of Breaking Bad). Below we have included some of the hottest shows to look out for this season. 

1.     Marvel’s Agents of Shield

(source: theverge.com)

Did you love The Avengers, but can’t wait until the sequel? Then you’re in luck because this show will give you a weekly fix of the people behind the superheroes. Agent Coulson (wait…didn’t he die?) leads a crack team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to fight an Anonymous-like group, The Rising Tide. This show promises a nice mix of action-adventure and Joss Whedon’s typical sharp humor.

Premieres: September 24 at 8 PM on ABC.

2.     The Originals

(source: tv.com)

This spinoff of The Vampire Diaries focuses on The Original family as they wrestle for control of New Orleans with some rival vamps. With a vibrant setting, a bigger focus on witches, and some new faces (helllooo Marcel!) this show is sure to draw an audience even from outside the TVD fandom.

Premieres: October 8 at 8 PM on The CW

3.     Sleepy Hollow

(source: fearnet.com)

A new twist on a classic scary story – perfect for upcoming Halloween season! Ichabod Crane was a Revolutionary War soldier who, along with the Headless Horseman, has woken up to our world. Now he has to help defeat the Horseman, while adapting to modern times. Part police procedural, part supernatural thriller – it’ll be interesting to see where the show goes

Premieres: September 16 at 9 PM on Fox

4.     Brooklyn Nine-Nine

(source: ign.com)

Andy Samberg can be hit or miss, but the show about a smart-alec slacker cop who needs to shape up for his tough new boss is definitely a hit. The jokes are packed into this 20 minute sitcom and there’s a fun group of supporting characters to round out the cast.

Premieres: September 17 at 8:30 PM on Fox

5.     Reign

(source: cwtv.com)

Sometimes a Collegiette just needs a guilty pleasure show to unwind after a long day of studying. This show has you covered and it still might teach you a thing or two about history. It follows Mary, Queen of Scots, who’s been sent to France to marry Prince Francis. Pretty people! Beautiful costumes! Courtly intrigue! What more could you ask for?

Premieres: October 17 at 9 PM on The CW

Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.