free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Job And Internship Listing Websites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Looking for a job? A lot of Collegiettes are (especially with the summer coming so fast!). I just started working at Argopoint as a Marketing Assistant after an intense job search. I found a ton of resources that helped me find my way and have included them below to make your search a little easier. Happy job hunting!

Internship-specific Listing sites:

1. Internship King

This site is stocked with internship listings from large corporations to small start-ups. You can find reviews and ratings from past interns as well as salary information. The site also ranks internships for you by industry and creates an awards list for the best internship each year.

2. Intern Queen

Started by career-saavy Lauren Berger, this site is way more than just a listing site; it also provides tons of information on anything career-related. The site features a broad range of internship listing, but it is best for those looking for opportunities related to marketing, advertising, PR, graphic design or communications.

3. Intern Match

This site has a ton of listings broken down by location, industry, and even company. In addition, there are “internship guides” which includes information on everything from finding an internship to getting housing.

4. Internweb.com

This site has a number of listings located nationwide. However if you are looking to apply to a super competitive internship program or to a large company, you are not likely to find it here.

5. One Day, One Job

While the title may be decieving this is both an internship and a job listing website. The site is fun and vibrant, offering whitty and relevant commentary on business and opportunities. You can search for jobs by location, keyword, and industry and the site has a blog with awesome and fresh insights. The site is good for looking for opportunities in  the technology and communications sectors, or at start-ups. 

[pagebreak]

General Job Listing Sites:

6. Idealist

Idealist is the ultimate do-good job search engine site. The site features job and internship listings for the non-profit industry. You can also check out non-profit profiles or browse volunteer opportunities in your area. They also list events and programs offered through non-profits and advice for working at non-profits on their site.

7. Indeed

Indeed is a straightforward job search engine. Indeed searches return a broad range of offerings from start-ups to large companies. In addition, job seekers have the opportunity to submit their resume into the Indeed database, where employers can search to find potential employees by the skills they list and where they have worked in the past.

8. Simply Hired

Simplyhired.com features an easy-to-use keyword search engine that returns a broad query of job listings. In one word: it’s simple. Simplyhired.com also has a plethora of information on hiring trends in the job market and salaries offered in several industries.

9. Monster Jobs

Monster Jobs features a broad and wide selection of job opportunities easily found via a keyword search. However, the site is less traditional than your average job search engine site and has several enhanced functions including allowing job seekers to search by skills that they may possess and the option of uploading your resume and cover letter for recruiters to search for. The site offers a plethora of other resources including a selection of articles on everything professional development related, a resume writing service, career advice forums, company profiles, and career mapping help

10. Craigslist

Yes, I know Craigslist is not exactly notorious for their job listings, but their listings are definitely worth checking out. They have a multitude of listings broken down by industry and the site even includes a Part-Time and one-time section called Gigs. Many companies will post close to the time they need new hires, so expect some speedy responses. 

Images Courtesy of: www.mscareergirl.com.

Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.